Pre-paid lounge access
Customers can buy lounge access (max. 3 h) to the Schengen-area and non-Schengen area Finnair lounges at Helsinki Airport.
Terms and conditions
- Available for Amadeus and Travelport offices.
- The flight must leave between 6.30-00.00 and lounge is available in service catalogue only when bookable.
- The customer must be a passenger on a flight operated and marketed by Finnair, that departs from Helsinki Airport during the above-mentioned times.
- The customer can use the lounge services for max. 3 hours prior to the actual flight departure time, not earlier.
- Prices for adults and children can be checked from the GDS. Price may vary depending on flight departure time and date. Infants may access the lounges free of charge.
- The service cannot be transferred to another person.
- The service can be changed to another day if the original flight is changed and the new flight also departs during the above-mentioned times.
- Refunds are permitted in case of flight cancellation or if the passenger buys a travel class upgrade.
- The customer will receive a receipt of the purchase via email and the lounge access will be marked on the customer’s boarding pass.
How to book
After booking and pricing the flights, you can see the lounges in the Ancillary Catalogue, for applicable flight times.
Instruction in Amadeus with cryptic entries
- Create the SSR element: SR LOUS = Schengen lounge, SR LOUC = Non-Schengen lounge, e.g.
SR LOUC AY/S4/P2
- Price with FXG. Helsinki lounge is always subject to 24% VAT. VAT is included in the fee and automatically calculated as H7 tax in the EMD pricing.
- Add form of payment TMI/M1/FP-VI4012XXXXXXXXXXXX/1217*CV123
- Issue EMD: TTM/M1/RT
Note: The ticket needs to be issued before or at the same time as the EMD-A, so that the EMD-A will be associated with the ticket.
The service can be changed to another day if the original flight is changed and the new flight also departs during the above-mentioned times.
If access to the same lounge is booked:
- Add service to the new flight(s). The earlier paid EMD is automatically associated to SSR(s) at ticket revalidation/reissue time. If needed, add EMD manually and associate it to SSR with a cryptic entry FHD 105-800012456/E7/P1. E7 stands for SSR line number.
- If EMD hasn’t been automatically reassociated to e-ticket (indicator D in EMD), do a manual re-association: EWA/ASC/E1-2/TKT105-2411111111/E1-2 (first E1-2 = coupon numbers of the EMD, latter E1-2 = coupon numbers of the ticket)
Refunds are permitted in case of flight cancellation or if the passenger buys a travel class upgrade.