Excess baggage such as instruments/sporting equipment/wheelchairs must be advised as soon as possible after group booking creation due to limited cargo space on various aircraft types.
Check Easy link regarding baggage allowances and special baggage types.
Excess baggage fee applies to all oversized baggage and when free baggage allowance has been exceeded; please refer to Finnair web pages for current fees.
Travel agency fee (PDBG) will apply when excess baggage is pre-paid via travel agency, payment by EMD-A. Ticketing needs to be completed before issuing the EMD.
For excess baggage over 23 kg or exceeding the external dimensions of 158 cm (length + width + height) the pre-payment with EMD via travel agency is unfortunately not possible. In these cases excess baggage charges need be paid at the airport.
Instructions how to issue EMD-A for prepaid baggage
1. The basic procedure to enter the SSR PDBG element in the PNR:
SSR PDBG AY NN2/P1
NN2= number of additional pieces
If no segment association is entered, the additional bag is added for all flight segments.
The segment association can be added as follows:
SR PDBG AY NN2/P1/S2
SR PDBG AY NN2/P1/S2-4
SR PDBG AY NN2/P1/S2,4
If there is more than one additional bag or more than one passenger in the PNR, passenger association is mandatory.
Example: two passengers in PNR, passenger 2 has prepaid baggage on both flights:
SR PDBG AY NN1/P2
2. The SSR PDBG elements are entered into the PNR with the status HK, with the chargeable indicator ‘/’ in front of the SSR element.
Create prepaid baggage SSR for passenger 5:
3. If you want to price all the chargeable SSR elements, i.e. all the SSR elements with the chargeable indicator ‘/’ in front of the SSR element, type the entry FXG (or FXG/VC-AY for Travel agencies to indicate that AY EMD will be issued).
If you want to specify the SSR elements to be priced, add the SSR element line numbers into the entry
4. The system returns the pricing display with the total price.
5. The TSM-P after pricing:
6. Enter the form of payment to the EMD: e.g. TMI/M1/FP-CASH
7. The ticket needs to be issued before or at the same time as the EMD-A, so that the EMD-A will get associated with the ticket.
Combined E-ticket & EMD issuance command: TTP/TTM/RT
After ticket issuance group passengers can also book ancillaries via Manage Booking.