Deportee is a person who has already entered a country, and who has been ordered by the authorities to be removed from that country.
Types of Deportee
DEPA = Deportee who is accompanied by escorts.
DEPU = Deportee who is unaccompanied.
Transportation of Deportee
Transportation of Deportee passengers is always at Finnair’s discretion. Advance approval must always be received from Finnair. The airline is not legally obliged to transport Deportee passengers.
In order for a Deportee passenger to be accepted on the flight, all Finnair requirements must be met and SR DEPU/DEPA status and element confirmed on PNR.
Deportee bookings are processed Mon-Fri between 8.00–17.00 Finnish time. Please reserve enough time for handling.
Notification of Deportee
Notification of Deportee (from the police/deporting authorities), containing all the requested information, must be sent to email@example.com latest 48h before flight departure.
- The Notification form must be filled in in English.
- The form must be filled in carefully to avoid unnecessary delay in the processing.
- The notification must have the signature and stamp of the deporting authority.
- A separate Notification form must be filled in for each passenger, including children and infants.
- If needed, a Notification template can be requested in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org (also by the travel agency).
Booking and pricing
- Type of deportee (DEPU/DEPA) together with required SSR element must be inserted in the booking. Please see details further below.
- A one-way ticket shall be booked for the Deportee to the final destination.
- Y class published Flex fare must always be used for Deportee passenger. No other fares are allowed for Deportee passenger’s ticket.
- Business Class and Premium Economy Class are not permitted.
- Deportees are always seated in advance.
- Normal baggage rules apply.
Deportee type DEPA must be added in the name element after the Deportee’s name, e.g., JONES/WILLIAM MR(IDDEPA)
Add the names of the escorts to SSR element, including their booking reference:
SR DEPA-ILLEGAL STAY ESCORTS MR SMITH AND MS DOE PNR XXXXXX/S2/P1
Please note that 1 DEPA must have minimum 2 escorts.
Escorts must also have a fully refundable/changeable fare (regardless of booking class) on the same flight with DEPA.
Deportee type DEPU must be added in the name element after the Deportee’s name, e.g., JONES/WILLIAM MR(IDDEPU)
The SSR element “DEPU” must be added to the booking with relevant information. For example:
SR DEPU-ILLEGAL STAY NO ESCORT NEEDED/S2/P1
SR DEPU-DUBLIN CONVENTION NO ESCORT NEEDED/S2/P1