Cabin Baggage for Passenger (CBBG)
You may book an additional seat when passenger is requesting an instrument or other special item to be transported in the cabin. CBBG is possible when reservation includes AY flights both operated and marketed by AY.
Only one ticket will be issued for CBBG-reservations.
The same airfare will be charged for the additional seat as for the passenger. Only published fares without discount may be applied. YR surcharge need to be collected on CBBG ticket when applicable. Also value added tax (VAT) must be added to Finnish domestic fare. Other taxes may be ignored.
- Before departure: Ticket for the cabin baggage has the same fare as for the passenger. YR surcharge needs to be collected for both tickets on routes where YR surcharge is applicable. If the cabin baggage is taken only for the return flight, two round trip tickets shall be issued and following text added in the description of the outbound SSR-line: SR CBBG AY-CBBG ONLY ON RETURN JOURNEY/S3/P1
- After departure: A published one way fare (in the same fare type as passenger’s ticket) needs to be issued for the cabin baggage
Please note: Passengers travelling with CBBG are allowed to take 1 extra piece of baggage on AY flights. Extra piece must be added in the passenger’s baggage allowance (e.g. 1PC -> 2PC). Change baggage allowance in the passenger's TST before issuing the ticket.
Baggage allowance follows the chosen ticket type. Please note that when travelling on Light fare tickets, the baggage allowance is 0PC.
No extra carry on baggage allowed for CBBG-reservations.
The dimensions and weight of the instrument or item must be obtained before making the reservation and added to the reservation at the same time with SSR-request:
Maximum dimensions for CBBG: length 135 cm (+/-35 cm) x width 48-50 cm x depth 32-35 cm. Maximum weight 75 kg.
Maximum dimensions for ATR operated flights: 135 x 40 x 35cm and max weight 50 kg.
The instrument or item is tied firmly to the seat and must be transported in a container or a bag to avoid damage.
Window or the middle seat will be booked for the passenger. Due to security reasons aisle or exit seat may not be used.
The advance seat selection is free of charge if there is SSR CBBG in the reservation.
Cabin baggage reservation procedure
- Book two seats during the same entry
- Add name element as follows;
- Add SSR-element with dimensions in order length x width x height and weight
SR CBBG AY NN1-CELLO DIMS 135X45X35 CM 20KGS/S3/P1
- Price the passenger normally and then add the fare of the extra seat to the fare calculation line as Q-surcharge;
TTI/CHEL AY LON Q497.15 497.15NUC994.30END ROE0.891079
- Add CB after farebasis MNN0S9CZ CB
- Amend the fare element:
On the routes where YR charge is applicable, amend the fare element and add YR surcharge:
TTK/FEUR886.00/XEUR84YR (passenger YR 42 + EXST YR 42)