Covid-19 guidelines for travel agents
OUR EXCEPTIONAL “BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE” CHANGE POLICY HAS ENDED ON THE 31ST OF MAY, 2022. THIS MEANS THAT THE BELOW GUIDELINES APPLY ONLY TO TICKETS ISSUED PRIOR TO OR LATEST ON THE 31ST OF MAY, 2022. FOR ALL NEW TICKETS ISSUED ON OR AFTER 1ST OF JUNE 2022, NORMAL TICKET RULES APPLY.
Please note that some of the information below is already outdated as the travel dates are gone, however for historical tracking, we will not remove any information from this page at this moment. Fare rules can always be retrieved in the GDS with historical fare rule commands.
If you are looking for information about schedule changes to our summer 2022 traffic program or to our winter 2022/2023 program, you can find more information in the respective news articles here:
IF A FLIGHT IS CANCELLED
In case a flight is cancelled and the cancellation reason is indicated as SSR OTHS INVOL CNL DUE TO CORONAVIRUS, customers can either 1) change their travel dates without a change fee or 2) apply for a refund.
Customers can change their travel dates without a change fee maximum 360 days onwards from the day when the change is being made. However, the original ticket validity must be followed. This means that if the ticket is valid for e.g. until end of November, the new flight dates must be before end of November.
The following policy applies and agents can make the changes directly in the GDS:
- The new flight must be a Finnair operated and marketed flight; rerouting is not permitted, however it is OK to reroute to another AY operated destination in the same country, or nearby airport in neighboring country (only possible in Europe and within Japan).
- Rebooking into the same booking class as the original flight or lowest available in the same cabin
- The Same policy applies to all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex etc.)
- No additional PNR elements (eg. OS AY CORONA element) are needed for tickets issued for these changes.
- Purchased travel extras can be moved to new flights
Change must be made before the departure of the original (cancelled) flight
Partial or full refund of the ticket and purchased travel extras permitted. OS AY REFUND DUE TO CORONA must be added to all cancelled bookings. You do not need to contact Finnair for any additional waiver codes; the OS element itself works as a waiver in these refund cases.
The fastest way to get refund is to process the refund directly via your own GDS system. If that is not possible, please issue a refund application via BSPlink for Finnair. For agents on US market/ARC: refund can be applied via Refund Web-form on Finnair internet site. Please mention in additional information box: ARC Agent.
Refunds of ancillary services on EMDs will be processed via refund application. In case you have already issued a refund application but choose to process the refund via GDS instead, please cancel the pending application in BSPlink if possible; if it's no longer possible then it will be rejected by Finnair.
AJB routes: On AJB routes it is allowed to use all AJB carriers for rebooking, or offer refund. Re-routing is allowed (but origin-destination must stay the same). Booking must be made to AY-marketed flight in original booking class. If original booking class is not available, it is ok to use lowest available in same cabin.
In case of flight cancellation when departure is more than 78 hours, marketing airline is responsible for rebooking, despite which AJB carrier’s ticket is issued. If the departure is less than 78 hours, kindly contact either marketing or operating carrier.
In case AY has already reaccommodated passenger and revalidated/reissued ticket:
If a proposed new flight is not suitable for the passenger, you can make further changes by following above mentioned policy. In this case also full refund is permitted.
Travel agencies using Amadeus and Travelport (Galileo, Apollo and Worldspan) are able to display and further perform reissue/exchange even after Finnair has reissued the original document.
Sabre is currently developing the function.
For EMD in any situation only display access is allowed.
IF A FLIGHT IS OPERATING,
tickets issued between 1st of April 2020 - 31st May 2022
Our “Book with confidence” policy grants flexible changes – regardless of the ticket type – for all bookings made latest may 31st, 2022. This means that our customers can change their travel dates within the ticket validity without a change fee, even if the original flight is operating. For tickets issued from the 1st of June 2022 onwards, our normal fare rules apply.
The following "Book with confidence" policy applies and agents can make the changes directly in the GDS (no additional waiver code is needed):
- Changes must be made to Finnair operated and marketed flights. Code-shares and OAL flights allowed according to ticketed fare rule.
- No additional collection if the same fare and booking class is available. In case of higher fare and/or booking class, additional collection shall be collected.
- For tickets issued between 1st of April 2020 – 31st of August 2020: Change must be made latest 7 days before departure. If change is made less than 7 days before departure the change conditions follow the original ticket rules.
- For tickets issued between 1st of September 2020 – 26th of May 2021: Change must be made latest 72 hours before departure. If change is made less than 72 hours before departure the change conditions follow the original ticket rules.
- For tickets issued between 27th of May 2021 – 31st May 2022: Change must be made latest 48 hours before departure. If change is made less than 48 hours before departure the change conditions follow the original ticket rules.
- Travel within original ticket validity
- Applies to all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex etc.)
These above-mentioned flexible change rules can also be found in fare note in GDS.
Refunds are according to ticketed fare rules.
Customer is entitled to refund when there is a schedule change that causes mismatch with connecting flights, or in case of a change in departure/arrival times, full/partial refund is allowed if the schedule change is at least 1 hour.
Please see more detailed information on Finnair policy for flight irregularities here.
In case you have a booking that does not fulfill all these conditions but would like to check if our Book with Confidence policy could be still applied, please do not hesitate to contact your local Finnair agent helpdesk.
These rules also apply to individual Tour Operator bookings using TO fares, but they do not apply to Finnair Holidays, Aurinkomatkat/Suntours, other tour operators’ customers or Group bookings.