Wheelchairs and mobility aids are always carried at no extra cost provided that you let us know about this equipment latest 48 hours before departure and there is room for it in the hold of the aircraft.
Please notify us of your disability or need for assistance when you book your ticket. If you have already made the reservation you can call our local service number in Finland +358 9 818 0800 or use this form. In order to anticipate the resources needed, please contact us latest 48 hours prior to your flight departure.
When you make your flight booking, you should provide us with specific information concerning the needs of any passengers travelling with a wheelchair – please see the list below for more details.
If you are travelling with a wheelchair, we require the following information in advance:
- Is your wheelchair operated manually or electrically, and is it foldable?
- If your wheelchair is electrically operated, is the power source a dry or wet battery? In addition, if it is difficult for you to communicate – for linguistic or other reasons – we also need instructions for removing the battery.
- Dimensions of the wheelchair when folded, and the weight.
- Are you travelling alone or will you be accompanied by someone else, such as an assistant?
- Will you need pushing assistance at the airport or are you able to move from check-in to the departure gate unassisted?
- Are you able to move from the wheelchair into the aircraft seat unassisted, or will you require assistance or a lifting chair?
- Do you need help using the stairs?
- Will you bring additional medical or medicinal aids on board?
Read more about Disability assistance.